Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Wedding Dress

Y'all got a glimpse of my wedding on Sunday's post but today's post is all about the wedding dress! I absolutely LOVE these photo's that my family friend took for us the morning of our day (she is a photography hobbyist or else I would totally recommend her to anyone in the North Dallas area!!).

Any-who, back to the dress - my story is rather short. My then fiance and I were still in college at Oklahoma State University (Go Pokes!!) and had gotten engaged over winter break 2007-2008. I found a venue really quickly which led to us picking a date and so since we knew when and where I asked my mom if we could go dress browsing.

I honestly had no intention on buying the first day! We ended up going to a David's Bridal near Oklahoma City and the consultant I happened to get was wonderful. I pulled 3 dresses and she came with me and helped me try on the first two with semi-disappointing results. I was looking for a strapless and fitted top with a little bit of a flare but the first 2 of the 3 that I tried on just weren't special enough.
(My Dress and Flowers, wearing my Grandmother's pearls)

I was about to try on the third one I had picked out but she had me wait a moment and less than 5 minutes later I was in the dress I knew was it!! The bodice was fitted with detail, the back had a wonderful row of buttons (it was actually zippered but it looked like they were functional!) and the bottom of the dress was flared without being too poofy. Of course, it was slightly over budget. I had purposefully told her about 2/3rds of my mom's budget and she ended up going maybe 10-15% over it instead.
(My sister and cousin helping me with my dress)

So, my suggestions for you finding your PERFECT dress are:

1) Be open minded!!! Even if you go in super prepared, the ideas you have may not work on your body type. Be flexible and be willing to step outside of what you've always pictured.
2) Find examples either before you go or at the store to show your consultant
3) Be clear about your basic guidelines - I had simplified my list of wants to 3 things 
     a) strapless 
     b) a-line 
     c) simple but detailed.
C may be open for interpretation but with the examples I showed my consultant she was able to sense my style quickly.

So, enough about me and my story!! Here are some GORGEOUS dresses for some eye-candy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment